The Flowminder Foundation
The Flowminder Foundation is a non-profit organisation registered in Stockholm (Sweden) with staff in Geneva (Switzerland) and Southampton (UK). Our mission is to improve public health and welfare in low- and middle-income countries. We collect, aggregate, integrate and analyse anonymous mobile operator data, satellite and household survey data. We often work with extremely large datasets, composed of billions of data points. Our analyses enable us to map the distributions and characteristics of vulnerable populations in low- and middle-income countries. The data we provide are global public goods. We work with governments, intergovernmental organizations and NGOs. We help save lives by providing analyses and decision support to all relevant parties, based on our latest academic advances.
- Read more about Flowminder at www.flowminder.org
- and about Flowminder in the media: www.flowminder.org/news
- and: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hY9g0kPi8BA
The Communications Officer will act as the focal point for all communications-related activities within Flowminder and will develop and implement communications strategies in coordination with the Executive Director and line managers. The Communications Officer is a new position within the organization with room to grow and develop. The position is a 6-month paid internship, that could lead to employment depending on individual performance and funding.
- In coordination with the Executive Director, design the overall Flowminder communication strategy, programs and activities, and execute them
- Coordinate communications across multiple platforms including print, web, social media and event in order to increase awareness of Flowminder’s mission and activities
- Produce and edit content to develop and maintain the website, internet presence, newsletter, marketing materials and annual reports Liaise with Executive Director and line managers on how to frame Flowminder expertise and track record in interesting and engaging ways
- Liaise with external service suppliers, such as web design and communications agencies
- Develop expertise and skills through self-training, networking and benchmarking. Identify best practices in nonprofit communication management and implement them
- Monitor and evaluate impact of communication activities using relevant tools
- Master’s degree in Communications or Marketing, alternatively in a relevant field in which Flowminder works (international development, international relations, global health or humanitarian response) with documented relevant experience in Communications
- Previous significant experience in communications-related work for a development, humanitarian or research organisation, preferably in an international environment
- Demonstrated experience in developing communications across various platforms, including web and social media
- Demonstrated experience in designing, producing and editing electronic and printed materials and content
- Native speaker in English is a requirement
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills in English
- Ability to think strategically in terms of communications needs and setup
- Capacity to work on own initiative
- Capacity to work effectively as a team member in a multicultural environment
- Robust computer skills Advanced knowledge in utilizing and developing presence on social media platforms relevant to the target audience
- Knowledge of measurement tools such as Google Analytics to monitor and evaluate impact
- Knowledge of social media management dashboards, blogging platforms, email marketing software
- Graphic design skills (InDesign/Photoshop)
- Start date: January 2017
- Duration: The position is a 6-month internship, that could lead to employment depending on individual performance and funding
- Remuneration: Paid internship
- This position is full-time (40 hours/week) and based in Geneva, Switzerland. Occasional trips abroad.
- Only Swiss and eligible EU citizens, or those with a valid work permit for Switzerland will be considered
Deadline for applications: Application will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Please apply as soon as possible but no later than January 8, 2017.
Please submit all applications only by email to “ email@example.com ” stating “FLCO_2017” in the subject line of the email. Please submit your CV and cover letter in ONE file and name the file with your LAST NAME.