Deadline: 15 January 2017
Open to: PhD and advanced MA students from all over the world studying political science, sociology
Venue: 3-9 July 2017 in Warsaw, Poland
Summer school “Solidarity beyond borders” is a 7-day course encompassing various theoretical and methodological aspects of transnational solidarity. It will address such topics as: the legal basis of solidarity within the EU, network analysis on solidarity, research on Transnational Alternative Organisations, solidarity in public discourse, and more. Participants — PhD and advanced MA students — will have a unique opportunity to take part in seminars and workshops provided by leading European scholars working on solidarity issues. Students will also be offered comments and discussion on their own papers related to transnational solidarity. 4 ECTS points, a “transcript of record” and a certificate of attendance will be granted to participants.
- Summer school is open to PhD and advanced MA students from all over the world studying political science, sociology, economics, media, geography, anthropology, education, etc.
- Good command of English is required.
- Successful candidates will be required to read the assigned literature and actively take part in workshops.
- Summer school is free of charge.
- No accommodation costs are covered, but 4 accommodation grants will be funded.
Candidates are requested to fill out the application form and send a 300-word abstract of their own scientific paper on solidarity-related issues. Papers addressing the topic of EU transnational solidarity are particularly welcome. The 20 who are accepted are required to submit a full paper by 10 June 2017. Applications, including the article abstract, should be sent to: email@example.com by 15 January 2017.
In order to apply, .
For more detailed information, please write to: : firstname.lastname@example.org.