Deadline: 15 April 2015
Open to: photographers worldwide
Prize: cash awards, accommodation and travel allowance for winners to attend the awards ceremony
Humanity Photo Award 2015 invites all responsible photographers who respect and love life, to take their cameras, in the form of feature photography:
- to explore and rescue the endangered folk cultures of nationalities worldwide;
- to record, spread and share the multi-cultures of the world with the aim of enhancing mutual understanding and exchanges of human beings and promoting the world peace and development;
- to record the changes and evolution of various folk cultures in a genuine, vivid and profound way;
- to contribute to the World Folklore Photo Museum with world culture records.
In Humanity Photo Award there are 5 categories you can compete in:
- Portrait & Costume: Portraits of people from different nationalities; costumes and adornments featuring diverse ethnic cultures, including everyday dress, ceremonial dress, hats and shoes, adornments and hairstyles,etc; the making of costumes and adornments; distinctive attire customs such as dressing etiquette and taboos;
- Architecture: The construction process, structure, interior layout and furniture adornments of traditional dwellings, public facilities and special architecture (e.g. religious buildings); the influence of the surroundings reflected on features of the local architecture; dwelling habits of different ethnic groups;
- Living Custom: The usual living habits, such as diet modes, food making, cleaning ways and related taboos; ecological consciousness, education forms and folk medicine in different regions; comprehensive and serial life customs of a specific region, a nationality or a tribe;
- Production & Commerce: The traditional ways of production under certain ecological environments, such as fishing, hunting, farming, forestry, animal husbandry, etc.; materials processing such as handicrafts industry and folk crafts; services that make life easy; business activities such as products transportation and trade;
- Festivities: Annual and seasonal festivals, festivals on production and recreation, religious ceremonies, temple fairs; traditional sports,
recreational activities, music, dances and local dramas performed during festivals, especially showing their positive role in communications among local peoples and nations.
- Traditional Rites: Birth rites, adult rites, weddings, funerals, morality etiquette, etiquette showing respect for the aged; celebrations for individuals and families, village and family rites, worshiping rites, taboo rites and folk religious rites.
For each category you need to submit 8-14 photos.
There are no restrictions on entrants in terms of profession, gender, age, nationality, country or region.
Five awards will be offered in accordance with the judging criteria:
- The Grand prize: There will be total of 6 Grand prizes for one each category. The grand prize includes US $2.000, food, accommodation and travel allowance for the Grand ceremony;
- Documentary Awards: Total of 60 DA and one award includes food, accommodation and travel allowance for the Grand ceremony;
- Jury’s Special Awards: Number will be determined by the judges and each award includes food, accommodation and travel allowance for the Grand ceremony;
- Nomination Awards: Total of 100 Awards and the winners will get food, accommodation and travel allowance (only a few will get a travel allowance) for the Grand ceremony;
- Performance Awards: Total of 500 Awards and the selected candidates will get a meal at the ceremony.
You can submit your entries. In order to submit your pictures first you need to create an account and provide the required information.
For more information please visit the official webpage.