Deadline: 15 December 2013
Open to: worldwide dancers and choreographers with decidedly professional ambitions, preferably between 22 and 30 years of age
Scholarship: accommodation in Vienna for the duration of the program
The Scholarship Programme is a 5 week further training program taking place from July 16 – August 20, 2014 in Vienna within the frame of ImPulsTanz – Vienna International Dance Festival. The Programme offers around 65 young professional dancers and choreographers from mainly European but also from non European countries the possibility to take part in an intense multinational further training programme.
The programme focuses on the exchange of ideas and knowledge, not limited by national borders, on concentrated further training, on meeting with internationally renowned artists gathering in Vienna at ImPulsTanz with the aim to orient the career of the participants. In order to achieve both its educational and artistic goals, the Scholarship Programme is supervised each year by artistic mentors selected amongst dance personalities, who have played a decisive part on an international level in the development of contemporary dance in recent years.
Over 800 young professional dancers and choreographers from over 70 countries have been part of this programme since its creation in 1996.
The quality of the dance background is the main criteria for participation in danceWEB. Although participants should:
- be dancers and choreographers with decidedly professional ambitions from European, Eastern European and non European countries,
- preferably be between 22 and 30 years of age
- possess a good knowledge of English
A scholarship includes the following free services:
- participation in the Research Projects of ImPulsTanz (Pro Series & Field Projects)
- participation in the technique workshops of ImPulsTanz (190 workshops by 90 teachers)
- free admission to all performances of ImPulsTanz
- free access to the 300 awarded dance film videos as well as to the screenings of documentations and to the dance film productions of artists and companies who perform at ImPulsTanz
- exchange of ideas and contact with the international teachers and choreographers of ImPulsTanz
- special projects exclusively offered to danceWEB scholarship holders
- representation in the yearly growing, international danceWEB-database
- lecture demonstrations & talks
- free accommodation
PLEASE NOTE: The scholarship does not include travel and daily expenses. These expenses need to be covered by the scholarship recipients themselves.
One scholarship values approximately EUR 6,450 (depending on the individual choice of research projects, workshops and performances per scholarship holder). The Culture Programme of the European Commission covers EUR 2,150. Another EUR 2,150 shall be covered by national/regional funding bodies of your home country/country of residence. danceWEB as non profit association covers the remaining expenses, with the help of Austrian funding bodies.
In case you get selected for the danceWEB Scholarship Programme, you still need to find a financial contribution (EUR 2,150) to your total scholarship expenses from local funding bodies in your home country/country of residence in order to secure your participation. danceWEB will assist you in finding financial support. You don’t need to have secured the funding already for the application.
Application deadline is 13 December 2013 at noon Central European Time. The application for danceWEB is an online application AVAILABLE HERE and requires the following:
- Personal Data
- Information about your Artistic Career (Education/Further Training/Performance activities)
- an Artistic Statement (English)
- 3 recommendation letters (English)
- 2 recent photos (portrait & dance photo)
- Curriculum Vitae (English)
- Application form AVAILABLE HERE
Please submit any questions to the organizers at email@example.com. For more information, please visit the official website HERE.