United Nations University’s Mission: The United Nations University (UNU) is an international community of scholars, engaged in research, postgraduate teaching and capacity development and dissemination of knowledge in furthering the purposes and principles of the Charter of the United Nations. For more information, please visit www.unu.edu
UNU-ViE: The United Nations University Vice Rectorate in Europe (UNU-ViE), as the only Vice Rectorate outside of Japan, supports the worldwide institutional development of UN University, particularly in Europe and Africa. UNU-ViE facilitates collaboration across the UN University and the United Nations, and shares knowledge and expertise through the development of joint programmes. Additionally, UNU-ViE promotes cooperation with the United Nations agencies in Bonn, as well as with other local and regional stakeholders. It aims to make UN University generated knowledge on peace, development and sustainability well acknowledged, recognized and used. For more information regarding UNU- ViE, please visit our website http://ehs.unu.edu/vice-rectorate.
• Provide administrative support, e.g. assist in the drafting of high-level correspondence, agendas,
• Assist in the organization of the Vice-Rector’s missions and meetings;
• Proof-reading and copy-editing activities;
• Assist in the organization of international events;
• Support the Vice Rectorate’s strategic planning and institutional development related activities;
• Other duties as required.
The involvement in this project offers the possibility of engaging in an interesting field of work in an international environment.
Profile and Qualifications:
• Field of Study: International Relations, International Development, International Law, Translation, Political Science, or related field;
• Excellent command of English, other languages, such as German, will be considered an asset;
• Ability to work productively and maintain effective working relationships with people of different national and cultural backgrounds;
• Computer software skills (e.g. MS Office).
The successful candidate will be based at UNU-ViE in Bonn on a full-time basis for a contractual period of 3 months. The internship is not remunerated. Next to a set of interesting and unique tasks, we offer you insights into the structure and functioning of the United Nations University. Your internship at the Vice Rectorate in Europe gives you the opportunity to collect work experience in a multi-cultural work environment.
Application deadline: 4 December 2016, 23.59 o’clock