Deadline: 17 December 2017
Open to: young people between 18 and 28 years old from all over the world
Venue: 11– 18 March 2018 in Tokyo, Japan
Applications are now invited from youth worldwide to participate in the International Development Youth Forum (IDYF) 2018 taking place from March 11th to 18th, 2018 at the Youth education National Olympics Memorial Youth Center in Tokyo, Japan. The forum focused especially on “How could the use/advancement of ICT contribute to achieving inclusiveness within society?” as a theme by using three specific case studies (1.Introducing ICT into working style reform in Japan, 2.ICT application into Agriculture in Vietnam, and 3.Role of ICT in post-conflict reconciliation in Colombia), you can discuss the nature of development, including its goals and the roles of multinational corporations, in order to create a new vision for ‘development’ that addresses the limitations of our current economic system with 40 selected participants from diverse nationalities.
Since 2012, International Development Youth Forum has been held annually and many highly motivated youths, who are willing to make a contribution for International Development have gotten together from all over the world and each time we have designed our future by proposing innovative and local-oriented solutions for developing issues in the world. Don’t miss this great chance to get life-changing and “WORLD-CHANGING” experience at this outstanding conference!.
In order to be considered eligible to apply, you must fulfill all of the following criteria:
- Those who are around 18 to 28 years old
- Those who have not participated in previous IDYFs
- Fluency in English for discussion and presentation
- Must be able to attend all programs during the forum
Costs & Scholarships
If you are selected to participate in IDYF 2018, you will be required to pay 36,000 JPY, which covers your accommodation, meals, and transportation fees during the forum (Sun. 11 March to Sun. 18 March 2018).
- It doesn’t include transportation fees from the airport to the venue, accommodation fee before / after the program, or insurance.
- Optional tour on 18th is not covered.
- Payment details will be announced after the results of the selection.
IDYF 2018 has two separate application forms, one for self-funded candidates, and another for scholarship candidates. Note that you cannot apply for both.
This year, scholarships will be given to up to three applicants who show extraordinary skills, experiences or knowledge on each of the case studies but have financial difficulties to cover ONLY participation costs.
- Applicants who wish to apply for the scholarship must submit the application form for scholarship applicants. Only those who passed the document screening will be invited to Skype interview
- Applicants who wish to apply for the scholarship must submit the application form for scholarship applicants, not the one for the self-funded applicants. Those who passed the document screening will be invited to Skype interview.
Please submit online application form by 17th December 2017, 23:59 JST (GMT/UTC +09:00)
If you have any questions, check the FAQ section or write to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The official web-page.